china europe summer school logo

Visa for China

If you are an international student applying to study in China, you will need to apply for an X2 Visa at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-General in your home country or country of residence. An X2 Visa is a short-stay student visa, with a validity of no more than 180 days. For the exact locations and opening hours of the Chinese Embassy and Consulates-General in your country, please visit the website of the official visa office of the Chinese government. On this website, you will also detailed information about the application requirements and procedures.

In general, international students applying for an X2 visa need to submit the following documents:

You will receive your official Fudan University and/or Peking University Admission Letter and a Foreign Students Visa Application Form (Form JW202) from us a few weeks before the start of the course.

In most cases, the application process only takes 4 to 5 days, but please make sure you do not apply late. Please note that the visa fee is not included in the tuition fees.

An X2 Visa is a single-entry visa. If you wish to go abroad and return to mainland China during the period of your course, you must apply for a re-entry visa.


In collaboration with